The Agricultural Technical College – Psychological Counseling and Educational Guidance Unit organized a counseling symposium entitled (disease vectors and ways to control them).
– present at:
• Muhammad Assi Jassim/ Specialist Doctor/ Community Medicine
• Shaima Abdel Wahab Muhammad/ veterinarian – Department of Public Health – Division of Communicable Diseases Control – Zoonoses Unit/ Nineveh Health Department
• Iman Amer Saeed/Medical Associate/Disease Vectors Unit
The seminar dealt with:-
• Identifying disease-carrying insects and the mechanism of transmission of diseases that affect humans through these insects, especially the diseases currently prevalent such as leishmaniasis
• Identifying the measures taken by the Ministry of Health to eradicate these insects to control the diseases that cause them to be transmitted, and to educate the citizen about his role in avoiding infection with these diseases through a number of preventive measures.
• The names of pesticides approved in Iraq to combat disease vectors and their impact were also presented.
Attended the seminar:
A number of teachers, affiliates and students of the college.